Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Few Updates

This is the first floor office/bedroom. We decided to make this our sports room. Of course it had to be done in Penn State colors so while Tim was away this past week I decided to surprise him by finishing/starting the room. We didn't want to spend much money on this room yet so everything in the room we already had except the paint of course! The stripes look fabulous from far away but up close they're a mess. Oh well...it was my first try and I'll figure out how to make it better next time!


This is the room before we moved in. Spotless and empty haha...that didn't last long!


This is the junk. I moved everything into the center of the room to paint around it. I couldn't believe how much was in there. I generally avoid the room!

I put two coats of bright white paint on the walls and then started taping up the stripes. Thank goodness for our neighbors and their laser level otherwise it would have taken me even longer then it already did!
This is the first coat of blue. It went on almost green blue and I started to get nervous....luckily three coats later it looked a lot better.
This is the only wall with more then one stripe.

This is after the 3rd coat. Finally back to dark blue!

This is the final product. Just don't look in the corners or too carefully at the edges of the stripes! For some reason Chester wanted to be in the shots!


There's still a lot of junk in the room but for now it stays. I want to get some shelves and put up some of our sports stuff but I'll have to get it back from PA first! We're running out to get a kitchen table now but when I get back I'll put up some more pictures of updates!

No comments: